The goal is building an amazing experience for millions of players to enjoy on the go. As part of the design team, you will be crafting well-balanced, consistent and thrilling levels based on our games’ basic rules as well as support the delivery of the games’ core vision. Ultimately, you will ensure our games are fun to play!.
Here’s what you will be doing
- Actively contribute to creative discussions surrounding new features and feature reviews.
- Create, assess, re-balance and tune new and existing levels.
- Analyse feedback and metrics, and adjust level design accordingly.
- Work with designers and producers to ensure level consistency across our games.
- Ability to think laterally and add a new dimension to gameplay.
- Ability to blend creativity with disciplined testing and balancing.
- Remain up-to-date with Level and Game Design literature and best practices to continue contributing to the studio’s Level Design expertise.
Desired skills and experiences
- Absolute passion for playing and making games.
- A strong sense of space, pacing, and composition.
- Understanding of the casual games market and what makes a good game.
- Experience and/or knowledge of level design for casual games.
- Deep understanding of game balancing.
- Experience working within a game production team and/or knowledge of game production best practices.
- Thinking out of the box.
- Bonus point: At least one complete product cycle on a free-to-play mobile title.
- Bonus point: Non-design development experience (artist, programmer, etc.).
- Bonus point: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
What you’ll learn in this role
- Use creative and analytical thinking.
- Work collaboratively with artists and designers to create fun, compelling, and visually appealing gameplay.
- Improve observational and design skills.